AKA addresses Article 31 and 32 of the International Kolping Society (IKS) constitution on the formation and functions of the continental Kolping Associations and it endeavours to:
- Further international co-operation between National Organizations.
- Organize and present joint projects and programmes.
- Further the work of the Kolping Society on the African Continent.
- Keep in contact with the existing Regional Bishop Conferences.
- Keep in contact with extra parlamentary bodies who may be of interest and help to the work of the Kolping Society.